Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Soldering on.

Yesterday during work I snuck into the glass studio and Mary taught me how to solder copper foil onto glass nuggets, and I figured out the step by step process of how to make the pendants I want to make.

I am so stoked, and feel like now I have been saving all of these tiny bits of old paper for a reason...

This one was just a demo, so we didn't smooth it out, but check out the image that I sealed inside of the glass, and imagine that the metal around it was smoothed out, as it will be, and that there's a little hook to hang it from a ribbon:

I can feel it in my fingers and feet!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want one i want one i want one!
beautiful, jackie!

Anonymous said...

that was me, mary

Jackie pst! said...

Mary, I love that you're out there in the internet, lurking.

Come home for thanksgiving and let's rub butts together.

Michael said...

Um, that message above me is weird, I I'm no fan of pendants OR medallions, but it's super that you're excited.

MKL

Anonymous said...

whose butts will you be rubbing? i hope mine is not included, how embarrassing.

t.b.

Jackie pst! said...

Rubbing butts TOGETHER! Like, as a sign of affection! GOD.

Anonymous said...

I love this Jackie! It's absolutely beautiful.